From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 12:38:57 -0700
Russ Poffenberger already made some comments, but I would like to add that
there ARE adaptors that would allow you to use one cable to connect two
computers. HOWEVER, this requires the use of an adaptor at each end of the
cable. The two computers plug in at one end, and there are two wires at the
other end with each plugging into a port of a switch or hub.

Here is a link to one:
http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?T1=202+5275 I don't know
if the device you looked at would work the same, but this one is designed
for this purpose.

The basis of such adaptors is that an RJ45 has 4-pairs of wires, of which
only 2-pairs are used. The other 2-pairs are spare. The adaptors make use of
these spare wire pairs. Be warned, that such use MAY result in some
interference between the two sets of signals.

Hope this is of some help.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                     support at our newest website: