From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:33:49 -0700
At 08:54 AM 10/4/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>You should still be able to use batch files to do it.  Win2000 can run a
>form of DOS on it, which can run basic batch files just fine.

I want to correct this because I see this mistake made repeatedly. Windows
NT4 and Windows 2000 command line or command window may seem like DOS
because it looks like a DOS window in Win98 and you type commands into it,
but the Win2000 command line has as much to do with DOS as my Toyota pickup
does with an F 16. The Windows 2000 command line is an extremely powerful
32 bit interface that can be compared to a UNIX console.

Mark Rode
The NOSPIN Group

>   I actually
>have a batch file on my computer that runs a tracert to a IP that is
>executed every hour by the Task Scheduler.
>Matthew Ballard

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org