From:
Faisal AlSamaani <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 12:17:21 +0300
Hi Michael,

    At the first place "enjoy your powerful machine”.

> However, even under FAT32, I am wondering about the wisdom of one
large vs
>several smaller partitions. Which "system" works best?

I think it is better to make it small partitions (Not bigger than 3.0G)
“ it is a suggestion ONLY “. !!!! Why ?

I know when you make it ONE large it is a little bit “stretchy”, but
when it comes to the WIN98 “Maintenance: ScanDisk &
Disk Defragmenter” it start to be a little bit “painful”.
At the “ Disk Defragmenter “ stage : (when you use  large partitions) it
take a long time to mange all the data in that partition even with (PII,
400), Where as the small partitions doesn’t take time because they don’t
have that much data on it !!!

It also effect the WINDOWS virtual memory “ The swap file ” !!! How?

When the Disk Defragmenter  rearrange files and unused space on your
hard disk so that programs run faster and the
virtual memory take the unused space for extra memory.

Faisal AlSamaani
     KFUPM

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html