Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:14:38 +0100
I'm not sure but I think you just need to use the right card for your
screen. I have all the menus in french so I don't know all the names in
english but when you are in the window where you should be able to change
the definition 640 x 480 you should have an "advanced" button. In the next
window you should be able to see what video card is selected. If you know
what your card is you'll see whether it is the right one chosen. If you have
an installation CD for the card  CD, use it - if not, install a generic card
driver like monitor.inf which windows will find on your W98 CD
On www.driverguide.com there is nothing for FS7600 but I found this
monitcpq.inf
"This is the inf file for most Compaq monitors."
Could do the trick.

Also, if you could only read one book to help you understand computers,
which book would it be?
### Once again I'm not sure, but I would say that belonging to one or two
forums like this is really better than any books. I don't pretend to know
everything ther is to know - far from it - but there are hundreds of people
like me on these forums with, in my case, 25 years computing behind them, so
the collective knowledge banks are enormous. I also belong to a paying forum
which I won't name and every time I come up against a problem I dive in!
All the best
Keith Braithwaite

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml