From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:04:50 -0700
A quick and easy solution would be to download Network Magic (free) onto
your desktop/server. During installation it should find all the network
devices, including the laptop, and set everything up to work together.
During the install (if I remember correctly) it will also install itself
onto the laptop. The installation is easy but not automatic since you
need to select any folders/devices you want to share over your network.
I've been using Network Magic for quite a while after I became
frustrated trying to set up a LAN with 3 computers and a printer.

Tom

cheeko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a HP Laptop with Vistas operating system. I run a linksys
> network in the house. The laptop used to connect, now I cannot get
> any connection to the internet. I am not sure if you can help or if I
> am in the right place but I am at the end of my very short rope at
> this point. Thank you,
> Donna Salinas

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>