Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:41:04 +1000
It is still necessary. the advantage to have multiple partitions as the
following:

1. set a partition for windows swap files (or pagefile or whatever MS call
it) only, can speed up windows performance (no more fragment).
2. if windows system completed trashed, it is easier if you have multiple
partitions which you put windows on its own, and data on other partition.
just format windows partition, you'll get a fresh installation without lost
of data. If you need to upgrade the OS, I still recommed complete fresh
installation rather than on top upgrade, multiple partition will give you
easier time than single partition.
3. did you notice win2k or NT4 won't create partition using the full size of
HDD during installation, they always leave 8M unpartitioned space (for
compatibility reason), but nobody needs it these days. you can still create
a partition on it, but a 8M partition is usless. 8M isn't a great deal, but
still, I like to get it back, I paid for it. using mulit partition, you
don't end up with a usless 8M partition.

Just my $0.02

Jun Qian