From:
Tony Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 18:00:18 -0700
Well...
The ambient air is being pulled up through all of the fins on the heat
sink.  This is roughly the same as the ambient air being pushed through the
heat sink.  I'm not sure it would make any difference if it was facing the
other way.  In fact, if you push the air towards the cpu by having the fan
blow on to it, you are actually forcing the air to stay close to the cpu
for longer.
Your overheating problem would probably be better addressed by going to an
aftermarket heatsink & fan combo.  Also, perhaps another fan bringing cool
air in to the case and one more to exhaust the hot air.

Tony Mayer

At 04:51 AM 9/4/2005, you wrote:
>I have an ASUS mobo & CPU that wants to run hot. I've noticed that the fan
>sucks air UP throught the cooling fins. Wouldn't it be more efficient if
>the fan
>BLEW the ambient air DOWN through the fins of the heatsink ??
>Has anyone tried it ?? I'm interested in all comments. AL SMITH, Toronto

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml