From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:29:15 -0500
Roberto Safora Romay wrote:
> I am trying to guess what motherboard is being used in a pc dell dimensionn 2400, but no information is placed on the PCB.
> The BIOS string doesnt show on the monitor.
> F2 option didnt yield results.
> Any advice to get what I want?
> TIA
> Roberto

Roberto:
Dell computers have a label somewhere on the case that has a number that
identifies that particular computer (Sorry, but it's been several years
since I dealt with this, so I can't remember what it's called). If you
then go to the support section at Dell's web site, you can find a lot of
useful documentation about that computer, including exactly how it was
equipped when Dell built it, downloadable manuals and other useful
information.

Another useful technique to use if you're just trying to learn who made
the component (good for motherboards, video cards, sound cards, modems,
etc) is to get the FCC ID number which is printed on a plain white paper
label on the component. Using that number, you can identify the
manufacturer of the component at this site:

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/

Best regards,
Carroll Grigsby

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: