From:
Brad Britton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 23:11:17 -0800
Hi: I have a 17" monitor that is almost 3 years old.

It is a Nanao FlexScan t2-17TS
It cost $1,500 Canadian.

Ever since I had it, it has had a small defect. --

There is an oval area on the right side of the
screen that is duller than the rest of the screen.
This oval area covers most of the right side of the
screen. Most of the time I don't notice it, because
I usually have my background set to black. But if
the background is a light color, esp white or a
redish color, it is quite noticeable and a bit
distracting while reading text.

It's a good monitor, otherwise.

So I am just posting this hoping that maybe someone
has seen this problem, and in that case could
perhaps tell me if the problem was successfully
fixed.  I hesitate to go thru the expense
and inconvenience of sending it over to get fixed,
because I am thinking that I might get it back
"fixed", but not really fixed, if you know what I
mean. I mean, they might just say they adjusted
something, then I can still see the defect, then if
I want them to fix it right I will have to send it
across the country again, ect. [I have not had good
luck when it comes to getting  electronic equipment
repaired.]

I hooked the monitor up to another pc and still saw
the problem, and I had another monitor hooked up to
my pc and didn't see the problem, so it can't be the
video card.

[The dealer told me I was responsible to ship it
myself. I don't shop there anymore.] So now the
warranty is almost up. I think it will cost me about
$80 to ship it.

Brad Britton

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html