From:
Gary Kaucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:36:15 -0400
I took everyone's advice, and used the RICHKEY command with xcopy, and it
appears that everything worked out OK. The new HDD is FAT32 and just
occupies 6 MB in C:, instead of C: and D: like the old one was. I think the
old one was FAT16. The system files still refer to D: like it was still
there. For example, the autoexec.bat file has this line in it:

PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;D:\WINDOWS;%PATH%

Can someone tell me if and what I should change in that line. There is a
CD-ROM present on D: now, but I am assuming that this line refers to the
old D: directory. Any other advice about how to delete things that refer to
the "old d:" would be appreciated. Should I just reinstall windows so the
systems setting are made automatically?

Thanks,
Gary

At 09:24 PM 8/27/00 -0400, you wrote:
>At 11:18 AM 8/27/2000 -0400, Gary wrote:
>>II was wondering if there might be some procedure that I could use
>>to transfer the files by making the 6.0 GB HDD a slave, transferring the
>>files, and then making it the master by itself. Thanks.
>>
>>Gary

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html