From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2010 07:22:19 -0800
Hi Tom,

You should be able to find a monitor that works for you. It depends on
what type of outputs your video player(s) have. I have a Dell 24" LCD
that I have had for about 3 or 4 years and it has 5 inputs, VGA, DVI,
component (common for most DVD players), S-video, and plain old
composite (yellow RCA jack). Most newer ones also have HDMI.

Many big screen TV's also have VGA inputs these days but may not support
the higher resolutions much past 1080, while larger monitors (like 24")
can go up to 1920.

Russ Poffenberger

On 3/2/2010 11:49 AM, Tom Waddell wrote:
> looking to replace a 19" crt tv with an lcd flat panel tv/monitor. we only use it to watch dvd cd or vcr tapes while we excersize. we never watch tv. my guess is we need a tv to watch videos, a monitor will not process a video signal from a video player by itself, correct? i eventually want to connect a computer to it to watch on line videos. just thought, a monitor is unlikely to have separate coax and/or video/audio rca inputs.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml