From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 00:22:06 -0500
I've got a PC that is starting to drive me crazy.  Specs:  PII 400; 64 MB
PC100; Matsonic BX mobo; 8.4 GB IBM & 6.4 G.B. Samsung HD; Generic CD-ROM,
Digital Research CD R/W drive; Diamond Viper V330  AGP video card running
Win98 with IE 5.0.

The PC cold boots fine.  However, when I try to "restart" Windows it hangs
during the reboot process.  I can then power it off, turn it back on and get
the Windows message/menu informing me that Windows didn't finish loading
last time.  If I select "Normal" the PC boots fine.  If I shut down windows,
power off and back off it boots fine, but if I reboot it'll just sit there.
I've used MSCONFIG to disable as most everything on startup and that has
absolutely no effect.  If anyone has any ideas what the cause of this I'd
appreciate hearing from you.

Dan Shaughnessy

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html