From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 14:26:21 -0800
On 7 Oct 99, at 12:23, Wanda Irby wrote:

> I have a new Microm Millinamum PIII 600 and a new Wacom pad and
> pencil. I need to use the second serial port but it was disabled to
> accomidate the internal modem.  Their tech support told me it could
> be enabled by changing the IRQ but I don't know how to do that.  I
> hope someone can tell me.

  Both my partners have internal modems and pads (one is a Wacom, the
other is not).  Originally, we accomodated the Wacom pad by using a
PnP modem configured for COM3 and IRQ12, but since then we've gone to
the same solution on that machine as on the other -- use a PS/2 mouse
instead of a serial mouse, freeing up the other COM port.

  [I would be very surprised to see a PIII system without a PS/2
mouse port, and one of the local electronics surplus places routinely
has IBM or Microsoft PS/2 mice for under $10.]

David G

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org