From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 23:53:45 -0500
I will take a shot on the answer.  At least one of the lines on the cable
to the hard drive is probably something called a "write enable" signal.
If you could cut that line or pull the pin on the hard drive, it would
probably make it write-proof.  I think that I saw a cable description
on the Western Digital web site recently.  That would be a good
place to start.  The information is surely on the www somewhere.

Dean Kukral  [log in to unmask]