From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 22:11:38 -0700
I have seen this many times, and it is usually a conflict with the Network card and sound wanting the same IRQ. You will have to shuffle around several devices IRQ's to get around this. You could pull the network card first, and that will usually remedy the sound. Next try to eliminate any unnecessary devices in the Bios, such as COM ports, or USB. Next try to free an IRQ that is acceptable for the network card, most will only work on specific IRQ's. Check your manual. Once you have the appropriate IRQ Free, reinstall the network card. Sounds strange to have to deal with the network card, to get sound, but this is the way that works for me, without a re-install of windows.

Good luck,   Steve Wolfe

My problem:

Two days ago i installed in my system a new sound card (Sound Blaster Live!
Value  CT4830  PCI) and now when try to load Windows, always receive a blue
screen and the following error:

     A FATAL EXCEPTION 0E HAS OCCURRED AT 0028:C15D2A3B IN VXD EMU10K1(01) +
0000B71B.
     THE CURRENT APPLICATION WILL BE TERMINATED.

I press any key and Windows run then, but without any sound.

My System:

CPU P!!!-600EB
Motherboard Acer Open AX63 Pro (Chipset Via Apollo Pro) BIOS Version 1.20
128 MB RAM (PC133)
HDD Fujitsu 17.2 GB (2)
FDD 1.44 MB
CD ROM drive Acer Open 52X (MTRP)
CD Writer HP 8210
Ethernet controller.
ATI Rage 128 (AGP 16 MB)

When the first time i received the error, i tried the following steps:

- Reinstall SB Live drivers (New update for Win 9x downloaded from web).
- Change the interrupt used to this PCI slot.

At this time i don't know how i can resolve this trouble.

Thanks in advance for any help.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html