From:
Dale Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 23:17:01 -0500
When you create a short on your system it points to a file on YOUR system.
When you took that shortcut and transferred it to the other computer it is
still looking for the original file on your system.  A shortcut is only a
pointer to the actual file that runs the program that the shortcut was
created for.  Put simply, the shortcut is like a batch file that is written
to run an executable file somewhere on your system.  The batch file is not
technically the file that runs the program, just the directions to the file
that actually runs the program.

Dale Bryant