From:
"Brian L. Sanburn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 14:05:42 -0500
Barry,

        I was using the HPLJ5 to print, among other things, some proprietary
publications.  It was suggested to me at the time I started doing this to
use the IIIP driver (or IIP, too).  Since it's the only driver I've used for
the printer and never seen anything awry, I am presuming it's been working
fine under all conditions.  And I have no complaints.

        Hth.

        Brian

< < Brian is responding to what Barry wrote here.... > >

Brian,

Is there an advantage to using the IIIP driver with the 5L?

I have a friend who I helped upgrade recently to a new Win98 Dell computer,
after having previously worked with an old Win3.1 system. We had problems
from the start with getting 5L to work properly.  We downloaded the latest
5L drivers from the HP web site.  We've tried both the PCL drivers and the
host-based drivers and have had problems with both.  Currently we're
"getting by" with the host-based drivers, but still having problems with the
system occasionally freezing, and having to
kill the process HPWHRC to keep working.

If you or anyone knows of any fixes, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Barry