Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 16:48:16 -0800
My father has a relatively new computer (1 year old) that was dragging terribly. The intial boot took up to 6 minutes. After attempting every troubleshooting technique in my bag of tricks, I finally ran a Wipe Drive utility so I could start from scratch. Upon installing XP Pro Edition, I ran into a problem. First, the XP Pro disk would not run in the CD-Rom drive, so, I made a series of XP boot disks to install the drivers for the CD-Rom drive. They installed perfectly. I popped in the XP Pro disk, it presented a DOS screen, I ran setup, the drive formatting completed, then I received the message that there was an error with the SP1.CAB file. As a result, setup cannot complete. I have tried EVERYTHING and I am completely frustrated. We installed a new hard drive, but now fear that the problem may be on the motherboard. Any thoughts?

Amy Field
Wichita Falls, Texas
www.adayinthelifeofamy.blogspot.com

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL