Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:57:15 -0700
Almost two years ago, I bought an Averatec 3150 laptop for my daughter to
use in college. While the size and performance of the laptop has been fine,
this computer runs very hot and has proven to be unreliable. This machine
has been repaired three times, and it takes 2 to 3 weeks to get it back. Six
months after the last repair, the display has started to act up again
(backlight turning off for a while).

I am looking for recommendations for a small laptop to replace this
Averatec. It seems that most new laptops get larger and larger with big
screens. My daughter needs it primarily to take notes in class - she has a
desktop computer at home to use. Screen size of 12 inches or even a bit
smaller is fine. Given our experience, reliability is an important factor.
Price is also a big consideration since this does not have to be the primary
computer.

Thank you for any input and suggestions.

Peter

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com