From:
Kenneth Whyman SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2010 02:21:30 -0700
After doing a little sniffing around, you could stand to locate a cable
that has a standard VGA connector on one end and composite BNC
connectors on the other, 5 of them. They might be a little interesting
to come by. Give your local Fry's Electronics a try or the usual
suspects online (Newegg, etc). This link on Monitorworld.com might also
prove useful:
http://www.monitorworld.com/Cables/hd15male_to_5bncmale.html. As for
speakers, it depends on what connector(s) you have. Most common audio
connections I've run across is the 1/4 inch mono or stereo jack (AKA the
big headphone jack), the 1/8 inch mono or stereo jack (AKA the little
headphone jack), and mono or stereo RCA connectors, more commonly seen
paired with composite video (AKA the familiar yellow, white, and red
jacks). Pick a cable with the appropriate connectors on one end for the
monitor and most likely a 1/8 inch mini-plug on the computer end (or an
appropriate adapter). As for using all the little features, you might
try this link to get a PDF of a usable service manual:
http://www.manuals-in-pdf.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=220367.
It isn't free, but it's the best link I could find on short notice.
NEC's website is also a thought to get answers on all of this. Best of
luck. :)