From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 12:14:25 -0400
Does your isp have different dialup lines for different connection
speeds?  Do they support 56K?  I know aol has both v90 and v92
lines in my neighborhood, both support 56k.  Also, the quality and
condition of your phone lines in your house and outside the house
can affect your connection speed.  I have 2 lines - my old line
rarely connects above ~ 33K, my newer line connects ~ 50K, same
computer.