From:
Russ Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:44:54 -0500
That might be the case, but my direct experience with the Buffalo
Linkstation last July tells me there's a problem with their old software.  I
was just backing up files from one computer on a LAN with no other traffic
and it wouldn't complete. When Buffalo sent me a new model replacement, it
worked right away. BTW, I'm using SynchBack from 2 bright sparks as the bU
siftware. It backs up uncompressed so you are pretty well guaranteed you can
restore data in the event of a failure.