Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:23:03 -0400
Um, I didn't _get_ a hub -- I already _had_ several.  I "obtained" the
hub in question from my own storage shelf:  I had bought a whole box of
hubs for about three dollars at an auction four or five moons ago.  They
tested fine ( I took a few of them down to ReUse and one of the fellas
there showed me how) and I figured I could use the four-port hub to link
Margaret's computers.  I did set up ICS, using the "wizard," but as I
said, the computers are still not "talking" with each other.  I will
print out the MS KB article and take it back to Margaret's place for one
more try.....

As for purchasing anything more -- hey, I ain't 'xactly rich!  lol  Even
$50 is quite a bite outta the ol' budget.  Guess what I need is a set of
step-by-step instructions, in plain English, on this thing.  Like I said
a couple of weeks ago, this is my first try at any such thing...
Learning curve?  Not so steep that I can't climb it, I hope...

Something just occurred to me:  does MS have all these things set up
_just_ for high-speed now?  We only have dial-up, and there is a modem
only in "Raymond's Computer."  "Margaret's Computer" does not have a
modem at all.  I'm trying to configure "Margaret's..." such that she can
access the Internet (however slowly!) from "Raymond's..."

Or would it be easier to simply install a 56K modem in Margaret's computer?

Joyce in SE Ohio

vandervoort@...  wrote:
> Why did you get a hub?
> A router makes this very easy, and they are usually inexpensive.
> Did you set up ICS?
> Post ipconfig from each computer.
> This MS KB article may help:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308007