From:
Miguel Morillo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 04:06:44 +0800
Most I-O cards have 2 serial ports and a parallel port (some have a game
port for joysticks and gamepads)

Obviously, you already have 2 serial ports where your mouse and external
modem is connected. You only need the parallel port of the I-O card to add
to your existing parallel port... to make 2 parallel ports, right?

So, you have the option of disabling the serial ports OF THE I-O card,
because you already have 2 serial ports in your PC. That is, if the I-O
card you plan to purchase have jumper settings. My I-O card has. If not,
you will have 4 serial ports which I haven't tried setting my PC with.

At 07:55 AM 2/28/99 +0530, you wrote:

However, I am having a mouse and also an external
>MODEM. So both serial ports are engaged and cannot be disabled. What can I
>do?

>>You can purchase a I-O card (input-output card) and insert it into one of
>>the ISA slots of your computer.
--- snipped ---

Miguel Morillo

                            The NOSPIN Group