Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:11:59 -0600
Most likely:
1.   You need to research and make sure the voltage on you AGP slot will
be enough to power the graphics card you desire. Also the speed of the
slot will affect the efficiency of the graphics card and the number of
frames it can run.

2.   You will most likely have to upgrade the power supply. I purchased
a moderate speed graphics card for my Compaq and the specs stated it
needed a minimum 350 Watt PS.

3.   With that latest and greatest graphic card, be sure that the card
will have sufficient ventilation/cooling space.

4.   You didn't state what your system CPU speed was, but there is a
relationship between the CPU and the graphics card running the video.

Just an initial input. Others will probably have a lot more.

Jean Bourvic

Pat Power wrote:

>Hi to all List members.
>I have recently purchased second hand a Compaq d530c computer with onboard graphics chip and an 8x agp slot enabling me to upgrade to a graphics card.There are endless possibilities for an upgrade but when considering this as well as financial consideration (I dont mind spending about £100 on this) .There is another consideration I have and thats the power supply on the PC is only 240 watts.I really fancy the Radeon 9600xt being within my budget at the moment. Has anyone on the list any help for me on this matter The motherboard is an Intel 865g chipset.
>Thank you for any help on this  Regards Pat
>
>         PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                     visit our download web page at:
>                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>