From:
Tom Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 01:45:25 -0600
I own a Compaq 5BW series computer and they come from the factory with
the hard drive standing on end in the front of the computer. I also
added another drive that's standing right beside it. No problems for
almost two years, now!

  Tom

> At 22:21 1/20/02 +0200, you wrote:
> >In one of my techie books, I think Jean Andrews' Exam Prep for the
> >A+, it says that running the hard disk on its side will damage it.
> >Some problem with balance.  I can try to hunt up the reference if
> >it's important.
> >
> >Good luck.
> >David Jonathan Justman
> >
> >On 20 Jan 2002, at 10:08, andre chiasson wrote:
> >
> > > Can a Hard disk be installed on the side or upsidedown and perform
> > properly?
> > >   Furthermore, if a disk is installed on it's side or upsidedown, what
> > would
> > > be the inconvenient during transportation?
> > > This question was asked to me by a traveling musician.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml