From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 23:47:00 -0500
At 09:40 PM 1/15/1999 Mike Buraczewski wrote:

>The machine boots and runs the post properly.  Memory tests okay.  The
>machine goes out and detects and finds the CD-rom, then the message
>"Verifying DMI Pool Data..." comes up.  This is as far as the machine goes.
>It hangs at this point.

Mike:

Try a POST card if you have access to one.

The tedious brute force method is to go into CMOS and
change all settings to the most conservative (usually
the power on default). Then remove expansion cards in
the reverse order of installation. Stop when the system
works.

If that doesn't yet isolate the problem, then start
replacing RAM, then the CPU, then the power supply,
then the motherboard, with known working parts.

Possibly, you have a peripheral resource conflict or
an I/O problem. Or a disk problem in the initial boot
sequence (try booting to an AntiVirus floppy).

What kind of drives and interfaces, and OS do you have?
Any prior virus problems?

Regards,

John Chin

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: