Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 20:21:48 +1000
video card has very little to do with video editing performance, any card
will do in fact.  What you are looking for, is something that good at 2D,
and  inexpensive.  Matrox card is good at 2D, but their price is always rip
off (compare what they can offer).  You may look for a ATi card, maybe one
of early ATi card (eg R7500) which is very good at 2D as well, and cost much
less than Matrox, plus reasonable 3D performance at its price (Matrox is
hopeless at 3D).

video editing performance is very much depending on CPU, RAM and HDD.

Jun Qian