From:
Kenneth Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:17:20 -0700
Depending on the type of nose, that could be fan bearings as opposed to air
rushing through the heatsink and fan. Bad fan bearings have a metallic
rattle or chatter to them that the whoosh of moving air does not. If you are
hearing bearing noise, it might be a good idea to replace the fan with one
that has fresh bearings.

Kenneth Whyman
Chance favors the prepared mind.