From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 12:35:11 -0700
Brian,

That message is typically what most monitors show when they have lost the
video signal. It sounds as though your computer may be having a problem, so
it simply shutdown and wouldn't turn back on. There can be a number of
causes for this, including insufficient cooling, or a failing component.

Since you say it is working now, it could be a heat related problem.

Russ Poffenberger

At 11:15 AM 5/16/2005, you wrote:
>my monitor screen went black and a box appeared with the message "Out of
>Range.255mhrtz...48.8 k" . Not sure if those numbers are precise. The Pc
>is non functional to the point where i have to unplug it to shut it down.
>On restarting I get the same message. I left it alone for a week and now
>its fine.. So what exactly is "out of range" . Thank you
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml