From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:28:57 -0500
I wonder if simply underclocking your processor during the installation
process will get you past this hurdle.  If the presence of this older file
is still a problem, after installing and returning your processor to its
normal speed, I wonder if installing the microsoft updates (underclocking
your processor, again), off the CD and/or online, will provide the fix.
Since I think it only affects Win98 and not Win98SE, I'd have some hope that
this might be the case.

If you have a Win98SE update version, this seems like it would take care of
the problem -- if you can install regular Win98 and Win98SE with your system
underclocked.

Of course you know that MS really wants you to go out and buy WinXP to go
with your new system, which may not be such a bad idea, but I certainly
understand the wish to stick with something that works well enough as long
as it remains practical.

John Sproule