From:
Elizabeth Boston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 20:27:03 -0500
Fellow Computer enthusiasts,
        I replaced a power supply and motherboard today in a
Packard Bell computer. The parts were supplied by an
extended warranty company, and are supposed to be the same
as the ones I removed.
        The new power supply works fine. The reason for replacing
the motherboard, was due to the fact that the computer would
not find the keyboard. When booting, one of the first
messages was "Keyboard not detected" There is no keylock
feature on this computer, and I tried three keyboards, two
of which I KNOW work. One, I use daily while building and
fixing computers.
        The new motherboard has the same problem!! I am stumped. It
has to  be a hardware problem, since booting with no drives
attached, results in the same message.
        I am using the customer's keyboard... if it has a problem
could it have damaged the keyboard controller the first time
I tried to boot with it.
        Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should be
looking for? The computer is:
Packard Bell D135
133MHz Pentium processor

     Elizabeth Boston