From:
Jack R Payton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 02:35:30 -0400
When all else fails, try this (you should have gotten a schematic
(technical drawing) of your mobo & its connections, etc):

1. Write down on a piece of paper, the type connection (two-, three-,
four-pin, etc, connector, number of wires in the lead, and its wire(s)
color(s)).
2. Carefully follow each wire or wire pair to whereever it's connected on
the case (or whatever). You should be able to determine what button,
switch, LED, etc, to which it's connected. (Write that down on your
notepaper.)
3. Check the connections on your schematic. (If you got this second-hand
or for some reason don't have a schematic, you should be able to download
a schematic diagram from either the mobo's or mfgr's website.)
4. You should then be able to figure out where the connections go. If
not, take it to a local computer technician.

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 19:29:57 -0400 Winston Pike <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> In most cases though, I've noticed that RED is the HDLed, Green for
> power
> and the yellow for Turbo or Message
>
> Winston

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: