From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 13:40:03 -0600
Just for information:  I had a similar problem once.  I rebooted a PC then
remembered I had a CD in the drive that I wanted to remove.  I hit the
eject button, the door opened and I started to pick up the CD.  Just then,
the CD drive was reset by the system restarting and the door shut again,
clamping down on the CD which was only half-way out of the drive,
scratching it badly.

----------
> From: Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] CD-ROM noise
> Date: Wednesday, February 10, 1999 12:13 PM
>
> I had one that almost ruined a very valuable disk,
> that is difficult to replace.  It was still spinning when
> I opened the door and it got all scratched.   My
>
> -----Original Message----   (edited by dk)
> From: Kristen K Smith <>
> Date: Tuesday, February 09, 1999 4:50 AM
> Subject: [PCBUILD] CD-ROM noise
>

> >I have a Mitsumi CD-ROM FX400D that came installed in my Acer Aspire in
> >1995.
> >
> >2)  The other problem I've noticed is that the CD's often are still
> >spinning when I open the CD-ROM drawer.  The programs are shut down -
> >sometimes for as long as 15 minutes before I remove the CD, so this is
> >not the problem.  Does anyone have any other thoughts as to why the
> >CD-ROM drive is not stopping the CD's from spinning when done?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html