From:
Wendy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 10:39:14 EST
Hello everyone,
For Christmas, my mother bought my son a Matrox Millenium G200 video card w/8
mgs on board memory - upgradable to 16.  She also bought him the 8 mg memory
module, which he installed, bringing him to a total of 16 mgs.  The problem is
that the Matrox utility indicates he still only has 8 mgs.  I tried to catch
the video info when he boots up, but it doesn't appear (strange?) or is just
to fast for me to see.  How can he determine whether he has the full 16 mgs?
He has already written to Matrox, but has not received an answer (over a week
now).  He is 13 and built this PC himself (with a little assistance from mom)
and it consists of an Asus 440 BX P2B MoBo, Pentium II 300 (Klamath), 128 mgs
(100) SDRAM, Creative Labs 56 Modem Blaster (PCI, 90V), Memorex 40x CD rom,
Creative Labs Soundblaster LIVE! and Cambridge Soundwork speakers, NEC
multisync XV15+ monitor, WD 5.1 ultraDMA hard drive, Logitech mouse, Gravis
Xterminator gamepad and of course the Millenium G200.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions,
Wendy Brown

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]