From:
Peter Darrach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 19:46:34 -0500
Elliott, I had the same thing happen with my HP Desk Jet 812C just the other
day. A first time happening and it occurred after I had done successive
reinstallations of a colour cartridge that I had just refilled. The real
problem was that it had one blocked jet. It was an old one and had been
blocked for some time and I was trying to recover it. Finally, I started
getting the "Incorrect installation..." signal and a removal and
reinstallation was to no avail. In the end I just ignored the signal and it
went away by itself. If I recall correctly, I did shut the printer off
temporarily. If that does not work for you, download the latest printer
drivers from HP and do a reinstall. Good luck,

Peter Darrach