Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 01:41:28 +1100
It sounds like software problem rather than hardware to me.

However, I can't think any "normal" reason why your windows "read" any cd as
audio cd, even you did assign Windows Media Player to play all media file
types. It is very possible that your windows registry is messed up.

You may try to re-install win98 over your existing windows (DO NOT format,
just install win98 on top of your current windows), you won't loss any data,
but you will have to re-download all MS update.

Last, try to post your problem at PCsoft as well.

Jun Qian