From:
Russell Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 21:30:07 -0500
Paul Roeth wrote:

> I've just installed a new CDW and some music software.  Now upon doing a
> shutdown the computer hangs on the "Windows is shutting down your computer"
> screen.

   We had about 43 new Dell machines that hung on shutdown and I fixed
all of them by changing the Shutdown wave file in Exit Windows (Control
Panel/Sounds). Even if it was set to None I changed it to a wave file
and then they all shut down perfectly. Worth a try.

Later,

Russell Smith
Edtech Consultant, Journalist
Region 14 ESC Abilene
http://camalott.com/~rssmith
mailto:[log in to unmask]

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD, Abit's Gentus Linux, Linux Power CD and
      the RedHat Linux CD.  All CDs are always provided at COST!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions