From:
Michael Wurster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:37:50 -0600
Stephen,
The short answer is yes, you can remove the hard drive. Usually the
physical removal of the hard drive is all that's necessary, but be aware
there may be some gotcha's just waiting to mess with you. First, if for
some reason you have links or registry entries associated with the drive,
they will fail. Usually not a big problem. Second, your BIOS may or may not
automatically adjust to the removal of the drive. Be prepared to manually
set the BIOS to reflect the drive removal. Third, links to specific drive
letters may fail to function (usually associated with removable drives)
because the removal of the failed drive will cause all the removable drives
letter designations to change: ie F will become E. unless the drive letter
designations have been manually set. Again, not a big problem but can be
annoying. Hope this helps,
Michael

>my hd is partioned into two drives. C and D  with E being old drive.  Can I
>physically remove old hd and resolve problem?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml