From:
Bharat Ale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 23:14:45 +0530
PCBUILD Digest - 14 Dec 2000 to 15 Dec 2000 (#2000-351)Hi

Acer Aspire was giving "Fatal exception error OD occured at  .... " in a blue screen when starting Windows 98 SE and didn't respond at all ie it hung.

Found that the error disappeared when I disabled not to load 'atmsys.drv' using msconfig (within 'boot' section in system.ini).
(BTW, what does this atmsys.drv does ?)

The erorr dissapeared when I disabled loading atmsys.drv but when everything goes forward well and the GUI starts, windows says mouse not connected (in fact USB mouse is connected and works well in safe mode). When I try to close the dialog box pressing the OK box through keyboard, nothing happens - I don't know whether its the keyboard not working or the Windows hung because pressing any key is no use. So the Windows is always displaying this no mouse connected dialog box and goes no further.

But the keyboard and mouse (both USB) work fine in safe mode. I have removed keyboard, mouse, modem entries in device manager in safe mode - may be due to that ? How can I  make Windows recognize the USB mouse in normal mode ?

I desperately need some help - searched the net, MSKB but have found no soln yet. TIA to anyone willing to help.
(Please mail me direct as I am in digest mode.)

Bharat