From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 22:22:38 -0400
I agree and I use all CAPS so I know which is original and which I
added. Also add the date and version if available since usually the
date of the file shown by the OS is the date of the D/L.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663
Fast, Reliable, Wallet-Friendly

From:   Jim Meagher[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]

I also use a special folder for downloads, but I think there is a
simpler
method.  Since Windows9x supports long file names, I just modify the
filename by appending a brief description between the original name and
the extension.

For example, the downloaded file, IE4SOC.EXE
is now named IE4SOC SECURITY UPGRADE.EXE.

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html