Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 19:48:35 -0500
this seems like an elementary question.  i recently installed a new 56k flex
modem, and it seems to be working fine.  the only problem is that it is on
COM port 3 and i need it on COM port 2.  installation didn't give me an
option to select which port i wanted.  COM port 2 is currently being used by
"standard modem" (which doesn't show up in the Device Manager for some
reason) which i'm not using.  i've already deleted the drivers to my old
modem.  so, the question is, how can i "move" my 56k modem from COM 3 to COM
2 (btw, i'm on a P166, Win 95 OSR2).  thanks.

mark simmons