From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2010 19:24:42 -0500
Hi Al,
I've been running Spybot S&D, Spyware Blaster, Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes
Anti-Malware, Comodo Firewall, all in harmony with Microsoft Security
Essentials. I've had zero intrusions since I built this machine in February.
Now I realize you wish to salvage these machines and prefer not to re format
or zero write the hdd, however this article may shed some light on removal
of the bug you are having difficulty with.

http://www.auditmypc.com/virtumonde-remove.asp

HTH, and good luck to you!
All the best,
Dean Kiley