From:
David Pray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:13:24 +0000
Hard drives do make sounds, but try to get it fixed under warranty Call
the manufacture
get a RMA then send it back . This is only if the noise keeps changing
the drives spin
at very high RPM's. Hard drives are cheap now unless you don't mind
losing and redoing stuff I'd try to replace it . Most warranties are 3
years not many people know this. I've worked on computers for years now
replaced hundreds of hard drives. They do go bad even new ones. Also
manufactures all keep format material at their sites.Long story short
replace it.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html