From:
Matthew Wulfman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:33:47 -0700
Here is a starting point:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/winresource/dnwinnt/S8394.HTM

but it probably has a sales slant.  I haven't had much luck searching
for a site that compares file systems, either but I'm still looking.
FAT 32 uses I believe an enlargee fat table (more entries) to enable it
to break disks down into smaller blocks (more efficient) and handle
larger disks.  FAT32 partitions are sometimes misread and otehr time not
read at all on older version of FAT.  The misreading is hazardous to
your data.

Matthew

Francisco Archuleta wrote:

> I was wondering if you all could clarify the
> > following:
> >
> > FAT
> > FAT 16
> > VFAT