From:
George Hurless <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 18:36:08 -0600
My main computer is a P-II 433ghtz 192meg ram with two HDs. The first is
4gig & has ME as the OS (C drive). The 2nd is 8gig and is partitioned
into 1, 2gig drive (D) & 1, 6gig drive (E).
Twice before on boot up E drive was not recognized. A reboot  cleared
that up. Why I don't know.
The last time I used the computer it booted normally but when I had left
it a while it had locked up with a message that E drive could not be
written to.
It would not 'soft' shut down so I used the 'hard' button. This of course
caused an 'improper shut down'.
On reboot it went to 'scan hard drives due to improper shut down' and
could not scan E drive. Several reboots and hours later including un-
plugging the power completely, I still get the same message.
I gave it 5mins between reboots to think about it.:-}
Any ideas on what caused this problem and how to solve it??
I hate to think I've lost all that data on E drive.
Any help appreciated.
George Hurless

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com