Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 04:18:42 -0500
I am working on a computer made of pretty much leftover parts. the main parts are a case and motherboard from a Gateway. The motherboard has video and audio on board.  I put in the floppy-cdrom-harddrive and turned it on. I went into the bios and everything was detected right. I then exited the setup and let it boot up to windows 95 that was on the harddrive already, it then proceeded to detect all the new stuff (pci bridge and such) then said it needed to restart so I hit ok. Here is the problem- it never restarted. When I try to turn it on with the power switch you can see the harddrive light flash then the floppy and cdrom just like normal but then the floppy just stays lit and I get constant beeps from the system speaker. There is nothing on the monitor at all and it won't let me in the bios at all. There was somthing about IBM diskmanager software on the first time it did start up. Is it possible this erased the bios, or did the motherboard just go south on me.
Any help would be greatly appritiated as this is my boss' computer I am trying to resurect.

Larry Knox

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>