From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 07:27:53 -0800
On 4 Oct 99, at 17:45, Charles Waldron wrote:

> I am trying to install a Konica 3015 color laser printer on my
> p200 running Win95b. I have had many attempts and a few successful
> installs but when boot the next day I get page fault errors aimed at
> the Toolhelp.dll. The Konica tech support page indicates that you
> should close all programs with tool bars when installing the
> drivers. I don't have a chance to do that as the drivers are
> installed when Windows adds the hardware at boot. Tech help is
> stumped. I can't believe it is that difficult to install this
> printer but I have tried all the remedies I know- installing clean
> copy of toolhelp.dll, re-installing the printer port, Heck I even
> re-installed Win95.

  TOOLHELP.DLL is an odd little utility file from Windows 3.x days.
It's a 16-bit file, which provided a few programs with access to
internals of the Windows system, in ways that may not be 100%
compatible with Windows 9x.
  I don't know what you could be running that is using this file; I
wouldn't expect the drivers themselves to use it  What programs do
you have automatically running when you boot?

David G