From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 22:38:21 -0600
Eric:  I have a SOYO 5EHM "Super 7" Mobo and it would appear to meet most
your requirements:
2 DIMM and 2 SIMM--sorry, but I don't know of any of the newer class of mobo
that have 4 SIMM's.
Jumper Selection to run Memory at 66 MHZ or Front Side Bus Speed (100 MHZ).
Can run up to 400 MHZ AMD K6-2.
3 ISA and 3 PCI slots (1 shared).  3 PCI's is a little light for todays
periphs, but it does meet your needs.
I've had the board about 6 mos. now (since the first K6-2's came out) and
have not experienced any troubles.  Also has an AGP slot so you can upgrade
to a newer Vid card at some point if you'd like.
You can view a picture and read specs on this board at
http://www.soyo.com.tw/5EH.htm

Enjoy your shopping!

Dan Shaughnessy

>Found some money after the Holidays and I'm looking to upgrade my system.
>I currently have a Pentium 233MMX AT board with 96MB 72-pin EDO RAM (2x16's
>and 2x32's).
>
>Unfortunately my MB is clocked to the max for this CPU and I am looking to
>go to something in the 333-400 Mhz range.  Probably an AMD K6-2.
>
>Is there a MB out there that will allow me to continue running my 72-pin
>SIMMS but also allow me to clock up to a 400 Mhz processor correctly?  I am
>also looking for something with DIMM slots for the future when I can afford
>them.
>
>Also, I still need something with at least 2 ISA slots (preferably four but
>I am probably going to upgrade my other 2 ISA devices to PCI).
>
>I know I am asking a lot, but if anyone knows of a MB that will meet these
>specs, please let me know.

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]