From:
Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:55:33 -0500
Trevor,

In DOS, type mem/c/p and this will show you every module that is loaded, the
size, and whether it's in conventional or upper memory. If there are some
you don't need running, then take them out of the autoexec.bat or config.sys
files to free up more memory.

You can also type mem/f to see how many free upper memory blocks (UMB) you
have and the size. Ideally, you should have only 1 free UMB for this reason:
Say you have 2 free UMB's which are both 15k. You have a program that you
want to run in upper memory that is 25k. It won't fit into either of the 15k
UMB's so it won't load high, even though you have 30k total free.

Dennis Thiel